Room decoration is an art that obviously takes your aesthetic sense into account but at the same time, you should care for your budget as well. You can easily avail Teen’s style Tiles crafted by Pottery Barn which will cost around $340, then you will find it more economic to make one such on your own that will not cost more than $7.
How To Make A Patchwork Of The Bulletin Board?
You can also achieve the same look by sewing different pieces of fabrics together and by wrapping the entire bulletin board with that item. However, if you want to do it in less time, you may observe this formula.
- Glue Sticks (hot)
- Putty of wood
- Illustration or card board
- Bulletin board (salvaged)
- Drop cloth
- White paint
- 6 fabric squares
- Finish nails
- Thumb tacks
- Sand Paper
- A gun of hot glue
- Ironing board with an iron
- Self healing mat
- Yardstick and or ruler made of metal
- Small drill bit and drill
- Utility knife
- Nail set
- Brush for painting
Steps To Make College Bulletin Board
- At first you have to measure your bulletin board and have to divide it in six individual squares. Put numbers on each piece of square so that you can assemble them easily.
- To cut all the lines that you have drawn use the utility knife. Here you may need a few passes.
- The measure of the fabric pieces should be 2-3 inches larger than that of the bulletin squares.
- In each corner of the pieces cut a notch then you have to fold over the bottom and the top as well and at the back of the squares have to hot glue them.
- Glue down both the left and right sides of the squares and follow the step for all the 6 squares.
- If you want to fix an already broken frame then you have to drill small holes in each corners of the squares, it will prevent the wood7. from splitting. Now you have to use the nail set to drive the squares beneath the surface, fill them with the wood putty and when they will get dried you have to sand smooth them. Use the drop cloth to protect the surfaces and use 2coats of paint and 2 coasts of primer.
- When the frame gets dried completely, first insert the 4 corner pieces and then the rest of the two middle pieces
- To cover the bulletin board you have to measure and then cut the illustration and do it within the frame.
- Hot glue the bulletin board from left to right. Turn the board, neat a lose thread, hang it and tack up your favorite ephemera.
💚💙💜 Do you know the colorful gadgets below are the most popular gifts on Amazon? The easiest way to brighten anyone's day is by adding some bright colors to the environment. Inspired? Click the images below to explore!❤️💙💜