Craft items can be so decorative. You can put them in the room and it changes the entire look of the place. Do you want to make something where you can put your jewelry and fashion accessories safely? This bamboo room divider can be converted into a handy valet that can store all your fashion accessories for you. Take one or two panels from the divider and turn them into an attractive craft item of your choice. The raw materials required for the project are not expensive at all. You can get them easily in the market. One can put them together and make this unique craft piece.
Supplies And Tools Required For The Project
- One bamboo room divider. You can choose a type of panel with cane work.
- Few overdoor j-hooks are required
- Few s-hooks are needed. You can buy them at hardware stores
- Some loose-leaf rings are needed. Size: 1-1/2-inch ( You can buy them at stationery stores)
- A few small key rings
- A hook-and-loop tape will be needed that has an adhesive backing. Size: 3/4-inch-wide
- A double-sided mounting tape. 3/4 inch wide
- You can buy bulldog clips ( It is available at stationery stores)
- A pair of good scissors
How To Make The Bamboo Valet?
- In the first step, you will have to cut two 2-inch pieces of hook-and-loop tape. It has to be cut on each side of the tape. The mounting tape has to be cut into 2-inch pieces.
- After this, in the next step you will have to peel off the backing. The mounting tape has to be stacked in five pieces together. One has to adhere this stack now to the back of the hook-and-loop tape on one side. Repeat this process. To create a spacer, you need two stacks of tape. The panel will not flop around when the door is opened or closed.
- Strip off the backing now. Stick one part of the piled tape to the reverse of the panel close to the bottom. Reiterate the step for another side as well. Then just hang your pane onto over-the-door hooks, and stick another side of this piled hook-and-loop tape onto the door.
- The s-hooks are there in which you can hang your necklaces and brooches. The small loose-leaf rings hanging from s-hooks can be used for putting rings in them. The cane work is there in which you can hang your earrings. The top bars are there for you to put bracelets and you can even wrap watches around it. Hang belts, hats, sunglasses, and scarves if you want from the loose-leaf rings. Keyrings can also be added. For hats, you can use bulldog clips if you want. If you have hair clamps, you can attach them to the bamboo poles of the frame.